Friday, December 2, 2011

J132721 Round 2

Originally posted by Fangedterror:

Location: J132721, Operation Winnebago II (AKA Bait POS)

Forward:


Ahh thanksgiving, a day for family, turkey, and perhaps some football…And I’m talking American football you limey British bastards. Regardless of what you decide to do on thanksgiving, I think we can all be thankful for the Blazing Angels Alliance who decided to start attacking our bait pos with a handful of Tech-III ships and a smart bombing drake.

The Meat

Sometime before I started eating turkey:

Our wormhole will always have a high sec connection, but every once in a while it will also connect to a class 4 wormhole. And every so often these class 4 WH’s contain corporations or alliances that will use your class 3 WH as a route to high sec. This is precisely what happened with the Blazing Angels Alliance. After the WH connection was made, they locked down our high sec exit with heavy interdictor and a few Tengus.
It was only a matter of time before they found our POS in 66% shields from the assault just a day and a half before, completely defenseless. Not surprisingly they decided to engage.

Sometime after I started eating turkey:

After my thanksgiving meal I returned to the computer when I heard reports that some of the directors were getting mails that the POS was indeed under attack. I determined that the best course of action would be to take a shower. So I did.

Sometime after taking a shower:

Logging into eve, I popped open scan while warping back to the POS. Scan showed 4 Manitcores at the pos. Upon landing in my hurricane, I hit the MWD and started out because today murder is spelled F-A-N-G…Killing 3 in just a few seconds, the 4th one ran. With in a few minutes a larger support fleet had arrived at the POS consisting of: 1 Drake, 2 Lokis, 2 Tengus, and 1 Proteous... The bait pos had worked again.

Now the only problem was we needed to get the system that the High sec hole connected to, because it had changed in the past 4 hours. After scanning for a few mins we found it, but we also found their other fleet, well it was more of a…squad or duo…let’s go with duo. We found a Devoter (Amarr hictor) and a stealth bomber camping the hole.

So let me paint this picture for you, we got a fleet consisting of the above mentioned ships shooting our pos, while a Devoter and stealth bomber guard the hole. We will not be able to simply jump in and warp to the pos and smash the fleet.

“One does not simply jump into J132721”
-Boromir -- The Lord of the rings.



They will be warned and likely warp off before we could kill/force the Hic to jump. So I devised a marvelous plan…And yes I will be taking full credit for this plan, because I want to prove to everyone that I’m a much better tactician then Calrissian Lando, while he is brilliant at tactics and warfare, he lives in my shadows because I am the Zen master so to speak.

The Plan

The plan was simple enough. The outside fleet would be waiting one jump away on the gate ready to come in when the signal was given. When the fleet was all assembled I would warp from the pos to the hole and get caught in the Hictors bubble 20km off the Hole. While I was in warp our fleet would jump in, and warp to the Hole and hold. Once I landed on the Hictors bubble, I would immediately start engaging. The fleet that was attacking our POS would naturally warp to the hole to gank me. But because of the Hictor they too would end up 20 km away from the Hole. I had my D-Scan on 7.5 AU. Once I picked them up on scan, Our fleet would jump in and align to planet XI (the planet that our pos is at) they would burn to the edge of the bubble and intercept the Tech-III fleet, using their own Warp bubble to catch them 20km off the hole.

The Main event:

Once the fleet was assembled the mission was a GO. I started warp and the friendly support fleet came into to the high sec system that the WH was in, and initiated warp to the WH. I landed 20km off the hole on the edge of the Hics bubble. And then the friendly fleet landed on the other side of the WH. The only problem was there was and enemy Tengu on the high sec side of the hole, we were spotted. But no matter I picked up a Loki on scan and ordered our fleet to jump in and burn towards planet XI. Because of the warning, a few enemy ships were able to land and then warp or blitz to the hole, but we were able to lock down a loki and keep him in place. This was largely thanks to a super bump by titan, and massive webs from ADM’s Loki.

*GANKED*

Details: http://eharmony.griefwatch.net/index.php?p=details&kill=342

No comments:

Post a Comment